These are instructions on how to install Android ADB Driver on Windows Computer (this method can be used on Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows 11).
Requirements: You need to have the Windows Computer and the Android ADB Driver (.inf based) to follow the below guidelines.
Install Android ADB Driver (.inf) manually
- Download and extract Android ADB Driver (.inf based) on the Computer. If in case, you have already downloaded and extracted the driver, then SKIP this step.
- Open Device Manager on the Computer. Press Win + R key from the keyboard and type devmgmt.msc and Click on OK Button:
- Once the Device Manager is Launched, Click on the Computer Name (name can vary from the image below):
- Click on the Action Menu and Select Add Legacy Hardware option:
- Under Add hardware Dialog Box, Click on the Next Button:
- Tick on the Install the hardware that I manually select from a list checkbox and Click on the Next Button:
- Click on the Next Button:
- Click on the Browse Button:
- Click on the Next button:
Then Click on the Have Disk Button:
Locate the .inf file from the computer (this file can be found in the extracted driver folder).
Click on the OK Button:
Again Click on the Next button:
Click on the Finish button to complete the installation process (ignore Code 10; it will be gone post restarting the computer).
Your driver is listed in the Device Manager.
Now, Restart the Computer. Once the computer is restarted, you can easily connect your Mobile device to the computer.
[*] We have used the Android ADB Driver to create the above manual. If you wish, you can download the same driver from here.
[*] Driver Signature Error: If you are facing Driver Signature Error while installing the USB Driver, then head over to How to Fix Driver Signature Error page.
[*] Driver Easy: We recommend you to use Driver Easy application to update all the computer drivers in a Single Click.
[*] Credits: ADB Driver is created and distributed by Google. So, all credit goes to them for sharing the driver for free.